I continue to challenge myself by knowing that learning never stops, and not being afraid of that. I’m constantly trying something new, and the struggle is you have to keep trying to make progress, so there’s a lot of failures. The more you learn that everything doesn’t work and the faster you get through that, the quicker you get to something else, and that’s what it’s about.
— Stephanie Hart
Today, Bryan Carter is back as our guest host to celebrate the 20-year anniversary of Chicago’s Brown Sugar Bakery with the founder and CEO, Stephanie Hart. Stephanie shares her reflection of the last 20 years of building Brown Sugar Bakery, including some of the most impactful moments for herself and her community. Stephanie dives deep into sharing her vision, how she continues to challenge herself, and as a CEO, the importance of healthy boundaries and clear communication.
In this episode of The SimplyBe. Podcast:
- Stephanie’s vision for Brown Sugar Bakery & how it continues to expand
- Boundaries and communication as a CEO
- How Stephanie continues to challenge herself as a CEO
- The profound experience of VP Kamala Harris’ visit
- Stephanie’s reflections on being a black business owner in today’s age
- What the experience of ‘peace’ means for Stephanie
This show is produced by Soulfire Productions